Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend Writing Warriors #169!

Greetings and salutations! This will be my second last post as the author formerly known as Evelyn Jules. Next week, after the excerpt, I'll share a link to my new digs! As for now, hope you enjoy the penultimate installment of Adventures in Online Dating!

Here's the blurb:  After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 

            “Listen, babe, I’m gonna take off. I’ll call ya, okay?”
            “Oh, sure, okay.” She smiled brightly, giving no indication that she planned on blocking his number the second he left.
            He practically leaped over the table and dashed out of the building so fast, he would have looked guilty of something even if he wasn’t. Not that he was, necessarily...unless giving her the creeps counted. As soon as Sam and his smiling face swam into focus, all thoughts of cons, past and present, fell away.
“You are officially my hero,” she gushed, clutching her heart as his grin inched into delicious territory.
“Here’s your real hero,” Sam said, indicating his uniformed friend. The man perked up and joined them at her table. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

I'm back in Ottawa now after spending a fabulous week with my Dad at home. I visited with relatives on both sides of the family, enjoyed tons of quality time with my baby nephew (who's looking more and more like a little boy every day *sniffles*), and I finally got my new blog up and running, thanks to my tech-savvy bro! Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead! :)
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

16 comments:

  1. Ooh, I wonder if she has yet another admirer, though I don't know why Sam wants more competition. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Sam is confident enough that she'll still choose him. But if she doesn't, then I will! ;) Thanks, Christina!

      Delete
  2. So much fun. Congratulations on changed names, my dear. Next is the one with Mrs. in front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! I hope you're right! :D Thanks, my lovely friend!

      Delete
  3. Best wishes on your new author identity! Enjoyed the snippet, still a bit nostalgic for clown guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Veronica! LOL, I know you love Charlie. You can always go on believing they ended up together. I probably will, too! :D

      Delete
  4. I would feel sorry for him, except... he is pretty creepy. And definitely failed to disclose some important info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I don't blame you. Thanks for stopping by, Caitlin! :)

      Delete
  5. He brought a friend? Oh-oh. Red flags...or am I just paranoid at this point? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nothing to fear here. This is a friend of Sam's, a real, legit cop who helped save the day. :) Now, it's up to Syd whether she wants one or the other--or both! lol

      Delete
  6. Great snippet! This was a really sweet scene. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amy! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  7. Ooh, intrigue with the uniformed friend! I could just picture Collin hightailing it out of there - great scene! Looking forward to wrapping this one up and joining you at your lovely new site. (Advice about the Little Prince - you could try putting rocks on his head to slow his growth, but people generally frown at that idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'll keep your advice in mind. ;) Can't wait to start posting on my new blog! Thanks so much for your support, A-M! I always appreciate it! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Another new face!? I hope she's exaggerating with the hand over the heart gesture 'cuz it makes me roll my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm imagining her gripping her heart, and it's not pretty. Well, pretty bloody....

    Other than that one thing, I loved this snippet! "delicious territory" is such a good description. It gives the emotion without having to label it.

    Hooray on the new site, and the use of "penultimate" - one of my favorite words.

    As for that nephew, babies are wonderful - and so is every other age a kid can be. My oldest is going to be 15 in a few weeks, and I've loved every point along the way. Just enjoy him as he becomes who he's meant to be, and it'll be a blast! =)

    ReplyDelete