Sunday, May 29, 2016

Weekend Writing Warriors #165!

Hi, gang. Hope you're all having a great weekend. Get ready to jump back in to more Adventures in Online Dating! :)

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off:

“Are you not enjoying the…coffee?” Sam asked, his eyes subtly darting to her oblivious tablemate.
            “It’s a bit, um…astringent for my taste.”
            Sam nodded. “Well, let me see if I can—”
            “Be right back,” Collin interrupted as he stood. “Grab me a coffee, man,” he said to Sam. “Black.”
            Once Collin was a safe distance away, Syd grabbed Sam’s arm and spoke urgently, “He’s creepy and crowdy and touchy and feely, and did I mention the guy’s been to jail? ‘Cause he has! So now would be a really good time to put that black belt of yours to good use.”

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!

I'm sad to say that my family experienced another tremendous loss this past week. My dear, sweet grandpa passed away on Wednesday morning, after 96 blissful years of life. We're all finding comfort in the fact that he died peacefully in his sleep, and, better still, he's with my mom (his daughter) in Heaven now. I've been at home with family, and we're all pulling together yet again to help each other through this difficult time. He was such a kind, generous, hard-working, and happy man who loved being alive, adored his family, and had a wonderful sense of humour. We'll miss him terribly, but he's having one heck of a reunion in the sky right now. Wishing all of you a fabulous week ahead. Hug your loved ones and enjoy every moment of this precious life. 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

12 comments:

  1. LOL! Everyone's 'dream' date. Nice rescue. Eager for more, Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest friend, we come and go. God Bless us all. Still the loss is bittersweet knowing how frightened my family is right now and worried about me.
    Love the snippet and you as well. Tough times but you will get through and the sweetest memories linger on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That snippet was great! I could see it all in my mind and hear Sydney's voice. I'd like to see Sam square off with Collin. Also, I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Syd has chosen her man! I wonder if Sam is game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear the news about your grandfather! Sending good thoughts and a hug. Enjoyed the snippet as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sam is the one, huh??? :-)

    Evelyn, I am so sorry about your grandpa. It may have been a kindness. I recall my grandma--in her early 90s, when one of my aunts--her daughter, died of a heart attack in her mid 60s. Grandma was beyond tears at the funeral home, telling me, "Teresa, we were never meant to bury children." It must have been nearly unbearable for your grandfather when you lost your mom.

    Hugs to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sympathy, Evelyn. My parents were fairly old when I was born, so my grandparent were all gone by the time I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry my dear. *hugs* I'm glad he had a long, happy life, but it's still hard to let them go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Convenient that Collin stepped away. I wonder why? She could just bail on him, I suppose.

    My condolences for your loss. It's tough to lose loved ones, no matter how long you get to keep them for, it's never long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Syd's quick summary of Collin's attributes: "He's creepy and crowdy and touchy and feely and did I mention the guy's been to jail?" Ha, awesome! You have such the way with words.

    I hope the rest of 2016 is angst-free for you. You deserve some very happy months after all of the tears you've shed. Thinking of you and your family and loving you with my whole heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry for your loss, Evelyn. Very difficult. The snippet was spot on, however. Loved her dialogue regarding the "crowdy" guy. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm, definitely wondering whether Sam will step up with a judo chop or something to protect her. Great snippet!

    And so sorry to hear of your loss.

    ReplyDelete