Sunday, May 22, 2016

Weekend Writing Warriors #164!

Hello, all you beautiful people! Happy Sunday of a much-needed long weekend! How about some Adventures in Online Dating to liven up your day? Okay!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 

Super. She could now add ‘divorcĂ©’ to this guy’s ever-growing list of attributes.
            “But enough about me. I wanna know all about you, and how exactly a lady as fine as yourself can end up on a singles site.”
            She could lie and tell him she wasn’t single after all. That this was just a big misunderstanding, a mistake. But the guy was sitting so near to her she could feel his breath on her face, and it was probably best not to poke an ex-con in such close proximity. Finally, she caught Sam out of the corner of her eye. She flagged him down, relieved when he spun on his heel and approached their table. Sydney raised her mug in front of her lips to prevent her date from seeing her mouth the words ‘Help Me’ to the alarmed barista. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!

It's soooo nice having a long weekend finally, and I'm making the most of it. I'm eating loads of ice cream, reading, writing, and enjoying the beautiful sunshine whenever possible. Hope you're doing the same, particularly the part about the ice cream! ;) Have a wonderful week, my friends! 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

18 comments:

  1. Always fun to have more of these adventures in dating! This guy seems like a thumbs down all right, but Sam the Barista has possibilities. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Veronica! I think Sam might be just the guy to swoop in and save the day (or date). ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Veronica. Sam's the man. Not in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Well, there are two votes for Sam. Thanks for popping in, Charmaine! :)

      Delete
  3. Very interesting snippet. Hope Sam can help her get out of what seems to be a bad date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling he'll work his magic. ;) Thanks, Fallon!

      Delete
  4. Good motto for life: "Never poke an ex-con." Ha, poor Syd! I'm thinking Sam must be watching her pretty closely if he picked up her distress signal so quickly. Such a cute snippet!

    Just one scoop of vanilla ice cream so far this weekend, but it was served on top of a giant chocolate chip cookie, baked in a skillet and stuffed with peanut butter cups, so I still think I'm doing pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmhmm. Very astute of you, A-M. ;)

      Ooh! I would SO trade my bucket o' chocolate fudge brownie ice cream for your chocolate chip cookie PB skillet!

      Delete
  5. Sam the barista to the rescue! Now I'm craving coffee- and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about some mocha almond fudge ice cream? :D /bad influence. Thanks, Christina!

      Delete
  6. LOL! What not to do on a date with an ex-con. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe Sam's the ONE! lolol. I LOVE this story! You really have me guessing. I think you need to publish it.

    So glad to have you back posting, dearie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Teresa! We shall see when it's all said and done. Maybe I will! :)

      Delete
  8. At least she's not alone, and I'm agreeing with Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, save her. Spill some coffee on the guy, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good idea! I'll see if I can work that in there. lol. Thanks, Caitlin! :)

      Delete