Sunday, May 1, 2016

Weekend Writing Warriors #162!

Hello, my friends! So glad to have you here. It's time for more Adventures in Online Dating!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 

Anymore? Did they ever? A chill ran down her spine as she contemplated what exactly this guy got thrown into the slammer for. Well, maybe it wasn’t a serious crime. It could have been something as harmless as tax evasion…or public indecency. She cocked her head, inspecting his outward appearance. He was fully-clothed, and nothing was unexpectedly poking out, thank the Lord.
            “Like what you see?” he asked, shooting her a wink.
            Her gaze shifted to the counter where she desperately sought out Sam. Where the hell are you, barista boy? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

The last couple weeks have been tough for me. Seeing all the Mother's Day commercials on TV and cards in the stores has made me miss my mommy more than ever. I found myself stopping to read a few cards today, just so I could hypothetically choose the one I would have purchased for her. Inevitably, the waterworks came. When I left the store, it was nearing dinner time so I stopped at my favorite wing place to get a take-out order. The girl working there must have noticed my eyes looked a bit bloodshot. She couldn't have been sweeter to me, and when my order was packed and ready to go, she said, "Take care of yourself." Although some days are more difficult than others, it's the little things like this that go a long way. You can always depend on the kindness of strangers. :) And on that note, enjoy your week ahead, my friends! 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

9 comments:

  1. It sounds like our girl is a little skittish around the more 'dark and dangerous' kind of guy. Nicely done, Evelyn.


    I never manage my Dad's birthday very well and he has been gone for 5 years. Be kind to yourself. You loved her. It hurts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she could just ask what he had done. He could tell her or he could lie. I hope Sam arrives quickly, she seems uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why it's always wise to have your first date in a public place. Hope Sam is close by!

    Hugs to you, my dear. Getting through certain holidays can be really tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, yes, always look out for those unexpected things poking out! I think Syd can take care of herself, though. I know you can too, but it's nice to know that others - strangers, friends - are there to lend you a soft place to fall when need it. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holidays suck and here I am in rehab. The pits.
    Love, Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending good thoughts and hugs. One day at time and do what you need to do for yourself my friend. Enjoyed the snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She might be panicking a little soon--she could always ask what he was in for, then panic.

    Oh, that's tough... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to go out on a limb and think he definitely wasn't arrested for tax evasion... Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. RUN! Just run from this one. I am so creeped out by this guy. Good writing, Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete