Sunday, June 28, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #125!

Hey, gang! Happy Sunday! Ready for more Adventures in Online Dating? Read on!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's the excerpt, continuing from where we left off:

She brought the mug to her lips and let loose a moan as the hot, soothing beverage trickled down her throat. “Joe wouldn’t know a cuppa joe if it smacked him in the face.”
            “Joe, huh? He didn’t really look like a Joe.”
            She gave Mystery Man a good once-over. He definitely didn’t look like a Joe--maybe a Hunter, or a Preston, or a Luke. “So tell me your name.”
            “Garrett,” he answered without preamble, “and you are?”
            Good heavenly God, Garrett was a sexy name. “Sydney.”
            
And Mystery Man finally has a name! lol. Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors!

As of yesterday, I officially kicked off my summer break! I can't tell you how much fun I had this past week with all my coworkers, celebrating the end of another year of teaching. I ate SO much cake, I laughed, I cried, and I got in a whole bunch of hugs. I sure don't mind being off for two months, but I'll miss them a ton. Now begins the summer of Evelyn! Wishing everyone a fabulous week ahead, and happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks! :) 


:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

10 comments:

  1. *smiles* I had to laugh at the last lines.... (my BiL is named Garett, and I ... well, just can't put sexy and the name together like that... but yeah, I can see how some could)

    Love how she doesn't hold back from showing she's enjoying herself now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun loving, often foolish , girl. You've gotta love her. Nice name, Garrett.

    Happiest summer ahead for you. Evelyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garrett works for me! Or Joe...fun snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the name Garrett:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how you considered the name Luke sexy. I concur. Looks like you are having fun with the story

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would she have done if he had a dorky name? Tossed him back after she finished her coffee? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. She was wrong about his name - what else has she wrongly assumed about Mystery Man? Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Garrett, too. But she is in great danger of strictly judging this book by its admittedly sexy cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Good heavenly God..." Your excerpts always make me smile, Evelyn!

    I can't believe it's been 125 posts so far. I don't think you've missed a single one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Somehow I managed to miss a week, not sure how I did that. Anyway, I'm happy that smooth mystery guy now has a name. (Sad it's not Luke, however...) I think Syd may finally be on the right path!
    Hope Canada Day was full of awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete