Sunday, June 14, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #123!

Good morning, you lovely warriors, you! Hope you're all doing well! I'm just buzzing with excitement but I'll tell you more about that after. First, here's more from Adventures in Online Dating!

The blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And the excerpt: When he unleashed his killer smile, she was a goner. “Okay, you win.” She took a seat across from him, already more comfortable on this impromptu date than she’d been the entire time with the official one.
            He smiled at her for several seconds without saying a word. Finally he spoke: “You look so much better at this table.”
            That’s all it took to prove she’d made the right decision. Sayonara, Joe. “It’s a great table.” Oh Lord, really? That’s the best response she could come up with?

Why is it that when there's a cute boy around, everything comes out in dork speak? I feel your pain, Syd. :D Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

Now, about that excitement I referred to earlier. I got to spend all day and night yesterday with the lovely and fabulously funny Kristan Higgins as she helped the Ottawa Romance Writers ring in our thirtieth anniversary! I. Love. Her. You guys, if you get a chance to attend one of her workshops or a book signing or anything, DO IT! Not only was the workshop endlessly entertaining, it was interactive too. I was asked to read an excerpt from Nutcases, my PB bootlegging story, in front of the assembly! :D Kristan had lunch with us, and a lucky few had dinner with her too. I hugged her several times. She's now following me on twitter. We're BFFs. lol. Anywho, as you can see I'm still quite giddy about it. Wishing you all a week as wonderful as my weekend has been! :)
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

14 comments:

  1. So true-the dorky comment but he'll forgive her and they'll live HEA. Right?
    Your weekends sound like so much fun, especially hanging out with the star of the conference and sales will rise because you read from your book! Way cool, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or something like that. ;)

      I've had some great weekends lately, for sure! I really hope you're right and that my reading helps to entice some new fans! :) Thanks so much, Charmaine!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day. Hope you were finally able to get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eventually. lol. Still buzzing this morning. :D

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm, dork speak... I think it's code for "don't look at me; dang it, look at me; wait, no!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Exactly, Eden! You're so right it's scary. ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Ah yes, I'm well-acquainted with the dork-speak. This guy is smooth. A little too smooth? Or perfect for Sydney? Or both? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you'll just have to wait and see, Christina! Thanks for commenting, fellow dork! :D

      Delete
  5. Mystery Man for the win! "You look so much better at this table." Guh. Good choice Syd, good choice. Yeah, once the heart's involved...you know.

    My own heart's bursting at the seams for you! Sounds like a fabulous Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! It was an amaaaazing day! I'm still crazy-giddy about it. Kristan is, like, totally one of my new favourite people. Thanks so much for reading, A-M! xo

      Delete
  6. Aw, love his 'You look so much better...' comment, shame about her reply! Isn't it always the way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Always is, where I'm concerned. lol. Thanks, Gemma! :)

      Delete
  7. I think he'll forgive a little awkwardness--he saw her on her date, after all. If that didn't scare him away...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like your weekend was extremely memorable! Enjoyed the snippet, interesting how comfortable she is with him.

    ReplyDelete