Sunday, May 31, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors #121!

Hi friends! Happy last Sunday of May to you! I'll be sharing another excerpt from Adventures in Online Dating, and then it's time for all of you to make another choice. You ready for it? Read on!

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off: 
            “He’s not coming back, is he?”
            For the first time, he leveled her with a serious expression. “Unless he’s begging for change on a street corner, probably not.”
            She waited for a flood of humiliation to drag her under, but instead she was lit with a fire of indignation. “Like he was some great catch,” she growled. “Hell, I should have walked out on him first.”
            “Yeah, you should have,” Mystery Man-turned Cheerleader Extraordinaire echoed in response.
            “Well, I’m not giving him the satisfaction.” Snatching her purse from the seat next to her, she stood on determined legs. “He’d better hope he’s not still out there....”
            “Wait,” Mystery Man said, placing an impossibly warm hand on her arm, “I’m not so sure that’s a good idea.” 

Okay, readers! Time to make a choice: 1. Give Mystery Man a chance, OR 2. Track down Joe, the escape artist, and give him a piece of her mind. Let me know in your comment! Majority rules. :)

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

This afternoon I'm off to baby shower numero deux for my nephew. We're hosting this one so there's lots to be done. Yesterday was the salad making extravaganza. Today we put on our perfect hostess faces and make this a party people won't soon forget. The best part? My present for the little guy. I got him a Star Wars-themed baby Adidas tracksuit. This will go down in history as the greatest gift of all time, my friends! No one can top this! I'll let you know how it goes. Wishing you all a wonderful week ahead! :)
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

7 comments:

  1. Mystery Man with the impossibly warm hand gets my vote. Oh yeah!
    And a big hurrah for the auntie with the bestest gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Mystery Man. Giving a piece of her mind is momentarily satisfying, but she risks letting a good one (maybe) get away.

    That is the best nephew gift ever. My nephews are all about Star Wars- they would love me even more than they do if I could find that tracksuit. *surfs ebay*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the Mystery Guy. Warm hands, warm other things, right?

    I wanna see a pic of the tracksuit! Hope you all have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say find out why Mystery Man doesn't think her finding him is a good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Mystery Man (except bring back the clown LOL). Fun snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normally the whole concept of the "mystery man" raises alarm bells in my head, but... this time, yeah, I vote Mystery Man. He's speaking sense; and the humiliation she feels at having Joe leave is going to be nothing to how she'll feel later afterward if she let rip in public about the way he left her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of think the video game aficionado is long gone... but hunting him down is definitely not a good idea. Not sure I like how grabby mystery man is being, though.

    ReplyDelete