Sunday, September 21, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #85!

Hello to you and you and you! Happy Sunday! Today I'll be sharing yet another excerpt from Adventures in Online Dating! 

Here's the blurb: After too many failed relationships, too many shots of tequila, and too many not-so-gentle nudges from her best friend, Sydney Montrose joins an online dating site in hopes of finding THE ONE. During her adventures, she crosses paths with a professional gamer who lives with his parents, a sweet and sarcastic parking enforcement officer, a flirty barista, a mystery man, a touchy-feely former felon, and a clown. Which one will she choose? Well, that's all entirely up to you! :-D

And here's an excerpt, continuing from where we left off (Grace is speaking first):
            “Oh, here we go. This is what Charlie’s looking for in a partner: Beautiful eyes that tell me how much you care.” She rolled her own eyes. “Is he for real?”
            Sydney read the next bullet point. “Someone to share my love with.”
            “Our two hearts will beat as one...Oh my God!” Grace blurted. “The man is a Lionel Ritchie song!”

Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! 

Soooo...guess what? No, guess again! Nooo. Guess again! Okay, fine. I'll tell you! Ready? I'M GONNA BE AN AUNT!!!!!!! Yeppers. My one and only brother managed to knock up his wifey and the two lovebirds are expecting a tiny bundle of joy next March! I am like WAY beyond excited. I've already picked out a baby Adidas tracksuit and baby Nikes. I'm gonna be the best aunt ever times a thousand. :D Wishing you all fantastically awesome week ahead! 


:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

18 comments:

  1. Your writing radiates with energy and fun. I so enjoy it, Auntie Ev.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Thanks, Charmaine! I really love the sound of that. Auntie Ev :D

      Delete
  2. lolol Don't get involved with a Lionel Ritchie song;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, but it's okay to dance to his music with a not-so-Lionel kind of guy. ;) Thanks, Eleri!

      Delete
  3. "Is it me you're looking for?" Oh, Lionel. At least Grace and Sydney will have had some good laughs by the time they find someone for Sydney to date.
    So happy to hear your good news! I have no doubt you WILL be the best aunt ever! And that little baby arriving in March is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I'm always looking for you, baby. Thank you tons for your constant love and support of everything I do! Love you so much! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You'll be the funnest Aunt ever! Loved the snippet and the concept for the book in general. Great 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! I appreciate you saying so, Veronica! You are too kind! :D

      Delete
  5. A choose your 'adventure' book on dating? Love it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear it! It'll get even more exciting when the choices come into play :)

      Delete
  6. woot!!! Congrats on becoming and aunt!!!! Exciting times ahead for you and the family.

    LOL loved the 8!!! “The man is a Lionel Ritchie song!”---had me dying with laughter.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! :) So happy I made you laugh. That's always something I strive for in my writing, so you've made me very happy, Meka!

      Delete
  7. Lol, another fabulous snippet that mirrors the real world;). Congratulations! That is amazing and fabulous news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Tina, for all of the above! :)

      Delete
  8. Anyone who uses the words of others for something that's supposed to be so personal has no original thoughts. Probably best to skip that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it was unintentional and he's just a big sap. ;) Thanks for stopping by, Caitlin!

      Delete
  9. Isn't it the case where we say no,no, no to the one that is an ideal fit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it the case where we say no,no, no to the one that is an ideal fit :-)

    ReplyDelete