Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekend Writing Warriors #14!

Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I'm pretty certain that I have the best mom in the entire world. She's kind, caring, unfailingly generous, incredibly supportive of all my wacky schemes and dreams, and she's also my best friend in the world. She's been through so much in her life. Her health has had dramatic ups and downs, but she's fought hard and battled through every obstacle. She's strong and brave. She's my hero. 

I won't be able to see her today, but I saw her two days ago, during which time she took me shoe shopping for a pair of girly shoes for my brother's upcoming wedding. I am so not a heel girl, and, quite frankly, my man feet aren't fit for anything other than athletic shoes and Birkenstocks. But, somehow, God bless her, Mom managed to find a pair of heels that I didn't hate, that were a size 8 1/2 wide, and that were shockingly comfortable. They were under a glass case, guarded by four German Shepherds and a 6'4 Royal Canadian Mountie named Patrick. Well, not really, but they should have been. Anyway, Mom was especially pleased because when I tried walking in them around the store I wasn't THAT awkward. And I still have three weeks to practice! :D

Oh, I guess I should share some fiction with you now. I've decided to feature another excerpt from my hockey story, Body Check. I think the scene speaks for itself. Alicia Holden is in her hockey hero, Mike Converset's, bed, and basically she's the happiest woman alive. 


With her head propped on pillows, she marvelled at the way he shed the remainder of his clothing, so agile and efficient in his movements. Jeans off, boxers gone. Holy shit. Naked. Naked Mike. Naked Mike holding a condom. Naked Mike crawling toward her. Naked Mike wanting to have sex with her.

Hope you enjoyed! Be sure to visit the other Weekend Writing Warriors! Take care and have a wonderful day! :) 
:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-0 X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~x( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

22 comments:

  1. I never really thought about it but suddenly I feel like Mike is a good name... and he seems hot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! Mike is a great name. Come to think of it, I've never met a Mike I didn't like. Rhyme! :D Thanks for stopping by, Linda!

      Delete
  2. Love the way she fixates on his nakedness; it emphasizes the newness of the moment, that feeling you have when you're with a person for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome to hear! Thank you so much, Cara! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
  3. Great excerpt. Happy Mother's Day to your mom too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! Happy Mother's Day to you! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Naked Mike! Naked Mike! *claps and bounces* More naked Mike!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Anything for you, Maggie! :D Happy Mom's Day!

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day! I loved her thoughts, great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you! Thanks for stopping by, Elyzabeth! :)

      Delete
  6. Naked Mike sentences are wonderful LOL! Really a fabulous excerpt and I enjoyed the true tale about you and your Mom as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Veronica! :) Happy to entertain you! Off to read your excerpt!

      Delete
  7. *covers his eyes* I don't want to see naked Mike lol! Great snipet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'll try to have him in a more fully-clothed state next week. ;) Thanks, Patrick!

      Delete
  8. hockey eh? Don’t know if you’re Canadian or not - but - play ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed Canadian! It's play-off time so I can't help but want to think, write, and talk about hockey. :)

      Delete
  9. Love it! Athletes have such magnificent bodies. :-) The hockey angle thrills my little old Canadian self to bits.
    Happy Mother's Day! Your Mom sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee! That's music to my ears, Debbie! Thanks so much! Happy Mother's Day to you too! :)

      Delete
  10. Loved this. The naked Mike sentences are fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear it! Thanks so much, Elaine! :)

      Delete
  11. Sorry, I have been MIA for so long, I always enjoy your writing. And i loved this excerpt, especially Naked Mike. omg, I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siren! You've been missed! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! :)

      Delete